Total Pageviews

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Kale Chips!


A few weeks ago my friend made some kale chips...and they were surprisingly delicious! Everyone must have a nemesis-snack....mine is anything crunchy and salty. So chips....chips, crackers and chips. When I tried the kale chips, they were so yummy, I had to make them for myself. I was surprised by two things...they were very easy to make AND my kids (and their friends) loved them! I found a recipe from allrecipes.com. I added a drizzle of balsamic vinegar to mine as that's how my friend had baked hers, and I love balsamic in anything! They are super healthy, somewhat crunchy, easy to make, and the kids loved them...not sure if they will continue loving them, but for today, they loved them!

Basically I washed and dried the Kale and tore it into bite sized pieces and drizzled olive oil and balsamic on top. Then I put them on parchment lined cookie sheet and sprinkled sea salt on top. Then bake on convection for 10 - 12 minutes. Note that the kale suffers from some "shrinkage" during the cooking process....I made 2 bunches, and 1 bunch is already gone! Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment