Total Pageviews

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

What's for Dinner?

I love to cook, honestly I do, and I think I am good at it. But what I don't love is the time that I don't have to do it. Being a bit of a foodie, and a bit high maintenance (oh you know I am!) I really try and plan my meals ahead of time. It doesn't always work, and there are some nights where we have toast and eggs but that's okay too. I find the more effort I put into meal planning, the more I get out of the time I don't have to prepare the meal. This past week, for example, I roasted not one, but two whole chickens, with the intention of eating leftovers the next day. Unfortunately, my plan backfired, as nobody was happy with leftovers yesterday. Sigh. Fortunately for me, I have a very proactive husband, who took matters into his own hands, and used the leftovers in a chicken pot pie and made home-made biscuits! The kids loved it! Today was day 3, and there was just enough for a nice big pot of chicken soup. We loaded the soup with potatoes, celery, carrots and some macaoroni, seasoned it up, and had it with some bread. Another success! So my chicken lasted for 3 days...and did I mention my husband and I even took some leftover pot pie for lunch today? Now what the hell am I going to cook tomorrow? Better start planning!

No comments:

Post a Comment