Total Pageviews

Monday, April 9, 2012

Caribbean Cookin'!


My mom sent this Youtube video from the show "Diner's, Drive-ins and Dives". The featured restaurant is "Pam's Kitchen" in Seattle (the food pic is from her website). It truly captures the type of Indian food I grew up with (which is not really Indian at all, but more Caribbean / Trinidadian!). I just had to pass this on, as even listening to the woman who owns the restaurant reminded me of my family, how they cook, how they talk, and I wanted to share a bit of my own heritage and culture. I can cook some of these traditional Caribbean dishes, but the food is never quite as good as when my gramma, my mom or when my aunties and uncles make it. If you live in Calgary, you can get this food at Joycee's Caribbean Foods in Bridgeland! My kids and my husband LOVE it! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment