Total Pageviews

Thursday, April 5, 2012

Let's Go Meatless!

Tried a new recipe tonight that I got from a friend of mine. I substituted lots because I didn't have all the ingredients (really just too lazy to go to the store), but it was tres yum! Here is the original recipe, and my substitutions. There are no amounts in this recipe...just gotta feel your way through it, and it'll turn out GREAT!

Ingredients and substitutions:
  • Brown Fried Rice (I used Quinoa today)
  • cook the rice (or quinoa) and set aside
  • toast some almonds (i used some raw almonds and some raw cashews)
  • Cut up apple (I used pear today, had no apple)
  • Minced garlic and ginger
  • soy sauce, sambel (optional), sesame oil (I also used the thick Indonesian soy sauce too)
When rice (quinoa) is done, set aside. Lightly cook your garlic and ginger in a wok with a bit of olive oil. Now add the rice (quinoa) and whatever sauces you are using....a bit of soy, a bit of sambel, a bit of sesame oil and some of that thick Indonesian soy sauce. I don't usually measure if I am cooking, so it was a bit of this, and a bit of that. Once the sauces are added, and to your liking, add the pear, toasted nuts...and voila! A delicious meatless meal and tastes great the next day for lunch!

No comments:

Post a Comment