Total Pageviews

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

The Sherene Special!

  

Last week when I weighed myself, I was pleased to see the progress with my weight loss, which was just over 2 lb.  Then came Finger Food Friday, followed by a trip to Banff and a Canmore bakery on Saturday, followed by a Sunday trip to CFM (Calgary Farmer's Market).  The list goes on.  Every day could be a special occasion, and you can always make an excuse as to why you could eat something you really shouldn't.  

The Sherene Special...available at Rea's
Today was time to get back to it, and it turned out to be a pretty good day for me.  I had a healthy day, didn't eat too much, ate foods from all four food groups, and even though we went out for dinner at one of my favourite Italian restaurants, I did well!  We went to Rea's Italian Cucina (formerly known as Sandro's Restaurant).  My mom is visiting this week, and she wanted to take us all out for dinner.  For those of you who know me, you know that I am a bit of a high maintenance foodie (okay, okay, I am just high maintenance!).   I am constantly looking at the menu, asking our server questions and never know what to order.   My dilemma today?  I really really REALLY love pasta, but really really REALLY wanted to be good and not eat too much.  But I also wanted to feel satisfied and happy with my meal and my entire restaurant experience.    This was not easy for me to do.  I decided to focus on the things that I really LOVE at this restaurant.  We shared a few appies (bruschetta and calamari adriatica).  I had half a piece of the bruschetta and some of the calamari, which I love!  It's not deep fried, but is in a tomato-lemon sauce and is just so so yummy.  I asked our server if they would make me up a plate of the calamari for dinner, with  a side of their caprese salad.  What an amazing presentation for my dinner.  The food was phenomenal, and I was 100 percent satisfied.

I did of course pick a little at my daughters gnocchi, and my husband's fettuccini, but all in all, it was much better than what I would have normally eaten, which would have been a full plate of pasta with cream sauce and at least 2 pieces of the bread they bring to the table.  All in all, I truly enjoyed my meal, which was followed by no dessert, but just a cappucino...and yes, of course I had wine (it lowers the bad cholesterol, you know).    The moral of my story today?  If I can go to an Italian restaurant, and be completely satisfied without eating pasta...anything is possible!


http://www.reasrestaurant.com/

http://www.calgaryfarmersmarket.ca/

No comments:

Post a Comment