Total Pageviews

Saturday, June 30, 2012

Happy Canada Day, eh?



We had some friends over last night for dinner, and without planning anything, I noticed that many of our foods reflected the colours of our national flag!  My friend had brought this amazing home-made salsa with tomatoes, cucumbers, cilantro, garlic and jalapeno peppers and I had red and white nacho chips for dipping.  I also had some cheese (of course I did!), and red pepper jelly, red wine (again, of course I did!), tomatoes and bocconcini and basil drizzled with balsamic and olive oil, AND home made spicy chicken wings with Frank's Red Hot Buffalo sauce!   A great Finger Food Friday and a terrific feast to celebrate our wonderful nation's birthday!

Buffalo Wings! YUM!

Red and White corn chips!
So festive!  

Tomatoes and Bocconcini

Sue's Canada Day Salsa!

Happy 145th Birthday , Canada!


Sue's Salsa
4 chopped tomatoes
1 - 2 jalapeno peppers, chopped, seeds in!!
cucumber (maybe 1/2 of one, chopped)
fresh garlic
cilantro
1 TBSP of white vinegar
1 tsp of white sugar


No comments:

Post a Comment