Total Pageviews

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Spend Time Right

We have such busy lives these days.  Whether we work in or out of the home, there never seems to be enough time to spend with family and friends.  Between errands, things to do around the house and kids activities time is always running out.  I read an article in the paper last week about the new movie with Steve Carell and Keira Knightly called "Seeking a Friend for the End of the World".  I have not seen this movie, but loved the main point of the article which was written by Mike Bell for the Calgary Herald.  The last line in the article summed it up nicely and got to me the most:  "Time is finite. It's not on your side.  So find the time and spend it right."  

A bit over the top, but you get the point!

Though this seems gloomy on the surface, the concept of this is empowering.  Spend time right with the people that matter most:  your partner, your children, your family, your friends.  As I read this article, I thought of my family, and how even though they are geographically far away from me, we are so close.  I thought of my husband and children, and thought that even though we have battles over homework, and school and disagreements over silly things, at the end of the day, I can honestly say that I am where I want to be.  I thought of my friends, and how though we don't see each other as often as we should, when we do get together it lifts my spirits and gives me positive energy that I so crave.  

So what's the bottom line?  Embrace where you are, and not where you want to be.  Spend. Time. Right.





So here's to Family...
Mom and I celebrating the
Summer Solstice last year

And here's to friends....

And here's to spending time right...


No comments:

Post a Comment