Total Pageviews

Sunday, July 15, 2012

A funny thing happened on the way to the Co-op...

So a funny thing happened on the way to the grocery store.

When I got home today from work, I felt energized by the warm summer night and our plans to see the Stampede fireworks later.  I changed from my work clothes, and quickly through on my jean capris and a tee-shirt.  Ahhh........love getting out of those work clothes and into my comfy stretchy clothes.  My husband and kids were helping the new neighbours build a play structure.  We decided to cook up some smokies and hot dogs for everyone, but I had to run to the store to grab buns.  So off I went to the Co-op grocery store.   I parked the car and walked at a fast pace across the parking lot.   I started to feel something.  Something drifting....or shifting....down my leg.  What was that?? I stupidly ignored it, but as I approached the entrance to the store, again I felt a sliding feeling of something soft running down the inside leg of my capris.  Finally, as I got to the door, the soft feeling shifted more.....I looked down.  What????? I saw purple, red and pink flowers sticking out the bottom of my capris...just hanging there.   I knew instantly that it was a pair of my panties caught in the capris.  OMG.   Quickly, I grabbed them, and shoved them in my purse.  I am sure by this time I was turning all shades of red (ironically, all the colours in this particular pair of panties).  OK Sherene, just get the buns and get the @#$% out of here!  Never in my life had I breezed so fast through a grocery store.  Buns....don't forget the buns!!!

And I guess now, I should take those panties out of my purse before I have to pay for something with my credit card, and oops! How did THOSE end up there???   All's well that ends well, though...one more mishap to share with friends for a laugh!


No comments:

Post a Comment