Total Pageviews

Monday, July 16, 2012

Top Ten Stampede Moments

The Calgary Herald published their list "100 Unforgettable Stampede Moments".   The list was pretty impressive, and I enjoyed reading that in paper this morning.  Considering I only went for 1 day, I thought I could write my top 10 moments.  And it goes without saying that the best thing was spending time with the family, so that's not part of my top 10!

Shooting practice
Howdy!












10.  No line up for admission when we went!   This made number 64 in the Calgary Herald.  We went on Friday July 13th in the early afternoon and it was a fantastic time of day to go.

9. Found just about all of my Stampede Foods (these have also individually made it into my top 10).  Was sad that I did not find my jalapeno corn dog....next year, I guess!

8. Fantastic weather!  This actually made the Herald list at number 55.  The day we went was not too hot, not too cold...just right!

7.  Free Parking for us!   We decided to drive to the grounds instead of taking the LRT.  The first lot we tried, the dude there told us it would be 40 bucks to park there!  We promptly said "no thanks" (what a rip off!) and found a pay-lot a bit further away.   While we were pulling in, an kind woman offered us her ticket that was paid for until 7pm!  Thanks for that!   I have done this before as well with these types of pay-parking lots...pay it forward, and it'll all work out!

6.  Lemon Heaven Stands everywhere.  Our family loves the Lemonade from Lemon Heaven!   I tried the original lemonade with Splenda this time (their "Diabetic Lemonade") and it was delicious!

5.  Swing Up trampoline show at the Bell Stage!  This made the Herald at number 93, and we stumbled upon it...right place, right time and what a phenomenal show!

These guys were AMAZING....
Even in the heat, they did NOT stop
and did not disappoint! 












4. Deep fried Wisconsin Cheese with Jalapeno Ranch Dip.  My only mistake was not getting the combo plate.  We got the jalapeno cheddar....and yes, sinful, and no, not healthy, but sooooo goooood.......



3.  I won a prize!  I played the game where they had to guess my age (yeah, didn't go with the weight-one!) but the guy guessed 36!   I am well over that, so was happy with my Reggae Banana Stuffed Dude prize.

2.  Beef Brisket Poutine, Deep Fried Pickles, Pulled Pork on a Bun, Pulled Pork Parfait, etc...  Deep Fried Pickles made the Herald today at number 44, but Stampede goers need to make sure they are getting the BEST and ORIGINAL deep fried pickles with horsey-mayo from....my number one favorite place......

This was round 1 at Big T's.   Note that this food was NOT all
for me!  Our family of four shared it.   Hmm...it seems the pulled
pork on a bun is missing...probably eaten before the picture was taken

Round 2 at Big T's....fries (yummers) and yes, more
Deep Fried Pickles with Horsey Mayo!

1.  BIG T's SOUTHERN BBQ!!!!!!!   Our friend's restaurant rocked the Stampede this year....they worked incredibly hard in incredible heat.  Their line ups may have been long, but they were so quick to distribute their food (probably one of the fastest at Stampede) nobody was hungry for very long!  Thanks Big T's!



And for anyone who wants the Heralds list.....here's the link!

http://www.calgaryherald.com/sports/curling/unforgettable+Stampede+moments/6939056/story.html

No comments:

Post a Comment