Total Pageviews

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

STNG!

Yes, I am a nerd!   Not only did I attend the ticketed Star Trek Next Generation (STNG!) event on Saturday night here in Calgary, but my sister-in-law and I bought our tickets the SECOND they went on sale!   That show changed literally changed my life, not to mention the fact that the day after I met my husband, I happened to see him and his sister at a Star Trek Convention in Edmonton!   I took it as a sign of true love, and have never looked back!

Kind of a bro-mance thing...too cute!

OMG!  Its Picard and Riker! 











When I found out that all 9 STNG cast members were coming to Calgary, I was pumped!  I couldn't believe that they would come here, and that all 9 members were involved.   STNG was not really about science fiction.  Sure there were Klingons, Romulan Ale and tricorders.  And yes, there was time travel, worm holes and cloaking devices, but it was so much more than that.  The show was about life, equality, integrity and dignity.  As viewers, we loved the crew, and their many adventures.  The show illustrated such humanity towards all species, and really made you think about important issues.


Will Wheaton is all grown up!!


Brent Spiner, Gates McFadden and LeVar Burton
(aka Data, Crusher and Geordi)


The Empath, the Klingon and the one who
died a senseless death!

True Q and Picard!

It was an amazing experience to see all of these beloved actors on stage up close and to see how much they really care for the show, the fans and each other after 25 years.  One of the most memorable moments from Saturday?  Seeing John de Lancie (Q) walk in as a surprise guest!  I know, I know, my nerdy-ness is showing, but be careful....as the Borg would say....resistance is futile.....you will be assimilated!  

No comments:

Post a Comment