Total Pageviews

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Smile!


Last week a friend of mine, who is a dental hygienist, cleaned my teeth.  I have to say without a doubt that this was the best teeth cleaning experience I've ever had!   If you knew how long it has been since my last cleaning, you would likely be so disgusted with me, you'd never read this blog again!  Since the cleaning, my teeth feel fantastic and at almost 43 years old, I  have not one cavity or filling (knock on wood). When the dentist examined my teeth, she said that my teeth were amazingly strong, and she had no major concerns.  I was so shocked by this because as I said, it had been a really (really) long time since my last cleaning,  scaling and overall check up.

It is so easy as adults to overlook dental care.  I think of how I am so diligent at making doctors appointments for my kids, whether its for their eyes, their yearly examination or their twice per year visits to the dentist. Then I think how long it takes me to even make a phone call to take care of myself.  Ridiculous.

I feel blessed to have such good teeth, and lucky too, because despite my long hiatus from the dentist, my teeth, now descaled and smooth, are still in pretty good shape.

So what's the bottom line to a great smile?
  • Floss everyday...once you start, you won't be able to live without it!
  • Brush at least 2-3 times per day
  • See your dentist and hygienist regularly (and if possible, have a friend who IS a hygienist!)

My next "dental adventure"... teeth whitening! Say cheese! 

No comments:

Post a Comment