Total Pageviews

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Cheesy Crunchy Good


I have several food addictions and one of them is anything that is crunchy, salty, cheesy or a combination of all of the above.  I confess that I love potato chips and crackers....simply crunchy, delicious goodness.  Mmmm.....     I can be somewhat of a crunch-snob, and while I will eat just about any brand available, I prefer brands with real ingredients (i.e., real cheese), or the Ms. Vickies Chips (bring on the salt 'n malt!).  Not that these have any less calories, because truthfully, chances are if you are eating a potato-chip snack,  it's not because you are trying to cut down on calories!   


My latest crunch-craving is a Parmesan Crisp that a friend introduced me to, and found at our local Planet Organic store.  From the label, it looks like it is made by a company called Kitchen Table Bakers in New York City.   This cracker is made ENTIRELY of parmesan cheese and is gluten free/wheat free and sugar free.   There are apparently 6 different varieties.  So far,  I have tried the parmesan-sesame and the parmesan-rosemary.   In one serving, which is 3 crisps, there are 80 calories, 6 grams of fat, 6 grams of protein and 1 gram of carbohydrate.  The crisps are a good size, and even I find that this makes a satisfying snack.  The flavour is rich, and it's just pure awesomeness!  

And to cure my crunch and cheese craving with a one-stop-shop concept?  Definitely worth writing about!    

No comments:

Post a Comment