Total Pageviews

Monday, May 7, 2012

Zumba / Yoga

Monday, Monday.  My Monday was fairly productive with all the errands that had to be done, and I actually exercised TWICE in one day.  A rarity for me.  I went to zumba this morning, which was awesome!  I told my friend that it's probably the first time we've gone "dancing" and didn't have to call for a cab to take us home afterwards!

I also went for more hot yoga after dinner.  I have to say that the hot yoga has grown on me so much that I think my body misses it if I don't go.  Tonight's class was packed and even though the class starts at 7:15 pm, if you don't get there by 7 you are screwed for floor space.   I am very particular where I sit.  I like to sit in a corner, so I have nobody on one side of me.  I also like to sit where I know nobody is behind me (like I need someone staring right at THAT).  My friend and I got there tonight at 6:45 and if we had arrived a few minutes later, we would not have gotten our favourite spot.

But the body feels good after all that stretching, and my mind is relaxed, and I feel calm, cool and collected...ok fine!   I confess that I am having a half glass of wine, so this is also helping my mood.

So what did I learn today?  To show up for yoga 30 minutes early or you don't get your spot.  I also learned that downward dog can be a resting position as it is the lesser of many other evil positions in the class.  The last lesson I learned today: it's okay to drink wine on a Monday.

Namaste.


No comments:

Post a Comment