Total Pageviews

Saturday, May 12, 2012

Gold Rush!


A gal from work was having a gold party, and and invited me.  I had no idea what it was, but I like gold and I like parties...so why not?  It's similar to a home-based business, but instead of spending money you actually go home with cold hard cash.  No kidding. You bring your gold...any gold...whether its broken jewellery pieces or pieces you don't wear any more or even those extra earring backs that you think are gold.  They test everything you bring and tell you how many carats the gold is; 10, 14, 18 or 22.  The gold you bring is separated according to carats and weighed.

I had recently cleaned out and organized my jewellery and had put all the gold in one section.  Everything from broken bits and singlet earrings to bracelets, bangles and necklaces.  For the gold party, I went with just a few items that I was willing to part with:  the broken pieces, earrings that were missing the other side and a few pieces that I had never (and would never!) wear.  Some of the gold jewellery I have is sentimental, and I would never part with, but why not see what all the broken bits and pieces, the missing earrings and the "will-never-wear" things are worth?   I thought maybe I'd get a couple hundred dollars.

I gave her my jewellery and she did some gold testing with special solutions.  After it was all sorted into carat categories, we weighed each set separately.   I could not believe my eyes when she showed me the total.   The end payout for the gold, minus a few items that I changed my mind about, was $490.00.  This consisted of a few broken pieces, some earring backs, and a few pieces would never be worn.

I was totally amazed and could not believe that I was walking out of there with almost $500.00 cash!  I can definitely see some gold partying in my future!

www.goldpartycanada.com
erin@goldpartycanada.com




1 comment:

  1. Thanks for blogging about your Gold Party Canada experience, Sherene! We look forward to partying with you again soon. Stay golden!

    ReplyDelete