Total Pageviews

Sunday, May 6, 2012

Wasn't that a Party??

Missing:  Cinderella's shoe and other
miscellaneous items.

What do you see in this picture?  One shoe, a cell phone, a few plates, assorted cutlery, and an empty tequila...I mean coffee mug.   Why do I have such items in my possession?  Easy...its the aftermath of my husbands 40th birthday!  People came from the north and from far south (south Calgary, that is) to see my husband enter The Club.   We partied til almost 3am.  Between the Mai Tai's, the wine, beer, the whiskey....that song is still playing in my head....."mighta been the 2-4-6 pack I dunno....but look at the mess I'm in....."


But seriously, all in all it was an excellent night.   The menu was awesome (of course it was).  I made my legendary (and contest winning) ribs and hot wings (my brother in law's recipe...I think I did a pretty good job too!).  Other menu items included sushi (bought, but still delicious) and cheese and crax (a party must).  We also had yummy sharing plates from our beloved guests:  spinach dip, yummy chocolate squares, Guac chips (tres yummy), a cheese and pepper jelly plate, bacon wrapped water chestnuts (you had me at bacon), and some assorted dips and crackers.  For dessert, I made a frozen lemonade cheesecake, and we lit a mini dolls head on fire and made him blow.  Not the smartest move, but who is thinking of being smart when there is alcohol involved?   Thankfully we did NOT have to call the fire department (although if it was MY birthday I think calling in the firefighters would have been a nice touch).

 If I missed any food, forgive me, as I am just coming out of my fog and its already time for bed and for another day to begin.

Coulda been the whiskey...
thank  goodness there was no gin!

And how's our soon-to-be 40 year old non-virgin?  He had a GREAT party, and enjoyed it from beginning to end.  He loved his "H to the B" cards, he loved the drinks and food, but most of all, he loved that so many people came to wish him well!    We even face-timed with his brother and sister-in-law and their kids, which was awesome!  Thanks to everyone who made it, and for all the birthday messages from those who were unable to attend!  You all made my husband feel very loved (awwwww), and very young at heart.
Though today, he likely felt a bit closer to his REAL age.   After seeing all the empty bottles of blueberry vodka, sambuca, rum, wine, beer and whiskey (note this is not a complete list),   its no wonder he had to nap the day away!

No comments:

Post a Comment