Total Pageviews

Thursday, May 10, 2012

Guilty Pleasures

For two nights in a row, I have "gone out on business" and had a couple guilty pleasures...

Deep Fried Pickles and horseradish mayo
Last night I had to drop something off at a friends house.  When I arrived, of course they twisted my arm and MADE me come in for a glass-o-vino.  How could I refuse such an offer?  And me, without the kids and hubby.....come in for wine?  Absolutely!  So in I went, and down it went.  Had the wine, chatted with good friends (thanks for that!) and felt uplifted  and revived afterwards!  

Best Ribs, Best Food!
Winner of the Best New Food
Calgary Stampede 2010!

Tonight...guilty pleasure part two.  I went solo to a meeting at our son's school...so again, me, alone, out on business. When the meeting was over it was just too early to go home so I headed over to Big T's BBQ and Smokehouse, which is owned by a friend of mine.   She greeted me with open arms, a bottle of Fat Bastard red, delicious deep fried pickles and beef brisket quesadilla, complete with horseradish mayo and spicy ranch mayo.  Ate great food, had a glass of wine, chatted with my gal-pal, and felt energized and inspired afterwards.

What have I learned?  That good friends + good wine + good food + some good chitty-chatty = inspiration, happiness and some positive energy for your aura.

So perhaps I shouldn't be calling these guilty pleasures as it has such a negative connotation....so long guilty pleasures, hello Inspirational Outings!

http://www.bigtsbbq.com/index.html


No comments:

Post a Comment