Total Pageviews

Monday, September 24, 2012

Tell me why (I don't like Mondays...)

Like the song says....I don't like Mondays.   Particularly today!

I work part time, and Monday is MY day at home....so no, not sitting eating bon-bons watching soaps, but my day to do some cleaning, meal planning, going through last weeks mail, organizing etc...But today, many little things have happened already, and it's only 9 am.


  • Our son has a bad cold and cough today, so he is at home in the hopes that we will nip this in the bud.  While I am all for taking care of my kids, it changes my plans for MY Monday.  Selfish of me?  A bit.  
  • My weigh in the morning was NOT good (could it be all the wine I drank over the past two weekends?)  While I am not surprised at this more-than-2 lb-less-than-5 lb-gain, I am pissed off at myself for letting it go...again.   Back on the horse for me.  blah.
  • My daughter just called from the school, and forgot her agenda.   My response for this was to just write down her homework on a piece of paper, but no!  That wouldn't do, as she stated "mom, i really need the agenda because I have to pass in my Entertainment Book money and the field trip forms!".  Well, okay honey, I'll get right to it!  Then I thought in my head that if she had packed her bag last night, as I had asked, we wouldn't be here, now would we????

I saw a magnet on my mother-in-law's fridge this weekend, and it is very fitting for today.  It reads something like:
"Hold on, and let ME drop everything so I can work on YOUR problem" 
or something like that.    

Yep.  That's about the size of it.  But I suppose when you look at my list of Monday complaints, it is all minor stuff that is fixable and solvable, and I guess if you're going to have problems, it's best to have these types of problems (except the weight thing, which really REALLY sucks!).

Happy Monday everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment