Total Pageviews

Thursday, September 20, 2012

Schnitzel Schnitzel (betchya can't say that five times fast!)

Yesterday's dinner was so delicious, and we were so hungry, there is no picture.  We were famished when we got home, and I needed something delicious.   Last week, I had made some schnitzel with some fast-fry pork chops.  They were great cuts of meat with hardly any fat.  And why make one batch when you can make two?  I froze the schnitzel and made it today with gnocchi pasta and veggies on the side.  The pork schnitzel recipe is one I got from a friend at work (which I have modified of course!).

Schnitzel:, simply dust the chop with flour, dip in egg, and then roll in panko bread crumbs.  You can add in salt and pepper to the crumbs, or whatever spices you like.  Pan fry til cooked thru and golden brown.

Sauce:  about 1/2 - 3/4 cup chicken broth, a splash or three of white wine (or I used Prosecco, and had a glass for me too!), 2 - 3 minced garlic cloves, juice of about 1/2 of a lemon.   I also thickened it up with a bit of cornstarch and water.

I stuck the chops in the oven, covered them with the lemon/wine/garlic sauce, and then baked them up til nice and bubbly.  For the gnocchi, boil that at the last minute as it doesn't take very long.  Because I had no sauce to go on it, after they were cooked, I pan fried them in a bit of butter, and boy, were they delish!

All in all, it didn't take long between walking in the door from work to getting dinner on the table, and managing to having a nutritious meal.  Not bad for a Wednesday meal!

No comments:

Post a Comment