Total Pageviews

Saturday, September 8, 2012

Ahhhhh.......Serendipity......

Today was a beautiful day for September.   Sunny and warm with a light breeze, and still too early in September to be so busy that you don't see the light of day.

There were some great moments of today that were so serendipitous, I had to share...

I had three hours to myself this afternoon since our daughter was on a play-date (can you still call them "play-dates" when they are 10 years old?) and my son was at hockey practice with the hubby.  3 hours!  Can you imagine?  I decided I was not going to do any house-tasks (not a difficult decision for me) and I ended up spending a luxurious afternoon trying to finish the second instalment of the Hunger Games.

Then, my hubby comes home around 3:30 without our son.  So lets add this up.  No son.  No daughter. Just me. Just hubby. Hmmmmmm.  So what to do with all this time?   We were both hungry...starving...for.....food!  So we opted for an early dinner (we ate at 4:30!!)  with a bottle of one of my fave California Red's, Deadly Zins.




Our supper tonite was again, one of our favourites...BBQ steak and salad.   Hubby does a phenomenal steak, and we had a few NY cuts and one small tenderloin cut in the freezer.  I made a salad with fresh veggies from the Farmer's Market, and it was delicious!  I had some green beens, Swiss chard, and fresh tomatoes. I steamed the green beans, and wilted the chard and once we were ready to eat, I added the tomatoes.   The dressing was super simple and inspired by Health Stand Nutrition, where I do some nutrition consulting.   It has red wine vinegar (had none, so used rice vinegar), sesame oil and minced garlic.    Steam the greens, throw in the reds, toss in the dressing and voila!

Delicious and nutritious, and tonight, it was all kid-free.   It really can't get any better than that!    Ahhhh....Serendipity.


Addendum:  A special thank you to our friends, who had our children today and fed them supper.  These serendipitous events could not have occurred without you guys!




No comments:

Post a Comment