Total Pageviews

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Late Night Baking, etc...

So those of you who have read some of my posts know that I can be a bit...much.  I go overboard with baking and cooking, and sometimes, I do this at the most inopportune time.  Tonight, it was after 10 pm when I decided to bake not just my easy breezy brownies, but also make some pizza rolls for the kids to take for lunch (which also doubles as a great after school snack).  Cue the hubby rolling his eyes at my late night baking antics, and off I went to cook and bake, with my iPad  tuned to my fave soap (yes, I still enjoy the occasional episode of GH....and its REALLY good right now!).

I started after 10 pm and  finished before 11:30:


Pizza buns...yummmm.....
  •  Made the dough, and while it was rising, I whipped up my easy brownies.
  • While they were baking, it was time to roll out the dough in a rectangle shape, slap on the pizza sauce, shredded mozza and black forest ham.  
  • After that was all topped up, time to roll it up like a log, pinch the seam and ends shut, cut into sandwich sized pieces and bake for 20 minutes on 350.  They heat up great in the microwave at school, and the kids really like them!  
  • And of course they can be stored in your deep freeze for a quick snack/lunch/whatever!  When do I make anything I can't freeze??


The brownies of course turned out, and will make a yummy treat in the kids lunches tomorrow.

1/2 cup melted butter
1 cup brown sugar
1 egg
3/4 cup flour
3 tsp baking powder
3 TBSP cocoa
Mix all the wet together, throw in the dry stuff, mix well, and bake for 18 minutes at 350!





That was...


No comments:

Post a Comment