Total Pageviews

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Lasagne Florentine-ish!

Tonight was a fly-by-the-seat-of-my-pants-dinner!

  • Worked til 4:30. home by 4:55, with 5 minutes to spare before taking my daughter to dance.
  • In that 5 minutes, it was quick thinking:  make dinner versus take out.  Nope...make dinner. Be good.


Then for a quick assessment of what I had (clock ticking)...

  • Cooked chicken from Costco in the freezer, frozen bag of spinach, mozza in the fridge, milk, garlic, lasagne noodles....hmmmmmmmmm...this could actually work!
  • 4:59....dump lasagne noodles in pot with water, turn on stove, and ask the boy to keep an eye on it while I drop his sis to dance.   He is so good...when I got home, the noodles were gently simmering, and he had pushed all the lasagne noodles to fit in the pot!


I was home again by 5:25 pm and had 35 minutes before I had to leave again to pick up the girl.

  • Melt butter, garlic, flour, add milk...quick white sauce...done.
  • Grate cheese
  • Microwave frozen spinach and squeeze out water
  • add fresh garlic and some mozza to spinach.  This will be the middle layer.....
  • Chicken...all cooked cuz it was from Costco!
  • Noodles...done.....


Time to put it all together....5:45 pm....here goes....

  • First layer... noodles, then some chicken, sauce and a bit of mozza.   
  • Next layer..noodles, and the spinach/garlic/mozza layer and a bit of sauce
  • Next layer...noodles, chicken, sauce, and finish off with the rest of the mozza.  


5:57....3 minutes before I have to go get daughter from dance!
  • Foil....oven....350.....I'm out the door, and dinner is in the oven!


Home again at 6:25 pm....dinner is almost ready, and I even have time to make garlic bread!

My biggest regret in all this?  I took no picture of dinner, as we were starving, and ready to eat!   It was actually pretty good!  What made it easy?  The chicken from Costco, the frozen spinach, and the fact that I basically think about food every time I am driving home from work!

No comments:

Post a Comment