Total Pageviews

Sunday, January 20, 2013

Another hockey dance come and gone...

Another hockey dance has come and gone, but the memories last forever. Then there are the memories that over time, have turned into urban legends, spread like wildfire, and are never forgotten, but are like fine wine..they just get better every year.

Weird taking a pic of just me....
but I really liked my top! All ready
for the Ice Breakers 2013 Dance

This year was by far the best year and I decided to be the DD (!!)   In previous years, we rented a limo which always involved someone bleeding BEFORE getting to the dance, grouchy limo drivers, us all being stranded at 2 in the morning in minus 40 degrees AFTER the dance (nowhere near your house), and having our limo driver "lose" his keys in a snow bank (how did that happen, you ask...that's one of those urban legends....).  The limo was fun and I am glad we did it, but this year, I liked driving and being in control (I am a control freak).  Plug in the iPod, insert the metal buckle into the opening, and get ready to party! Though it was a bit squishy, we all had fun.

Prawns and Sea Scallops in chili butter with brown butter gnocchi and asparagus
Anyone drooling yet????
Pre-Dance was dinner was at Redwater Grill, and I am sure I dreamt about scallops and pancetta last night (sorry hubby!).  This is definitely on my A+ list of restaurants.

We ended up at the dance a little late due to a glitch beyond our control, but we made the best of it, and had a fantastic time anyway.  At the dance...that's what I do.  Dance. Visit. Dance. Dance.  Love it.  You get to see people you haven't seen in a long time, you get to let the music move you (isn't that a song?), and at the end of the night, though my Eddie Bauer Down Filled jacket was soaked with someone's beer, I had a great time.  I even made sure all of my passengers were dropped off at their door (no stranding anyone!!).

A good time had by all.  Cuckooo! Cuckooo!   Here's to the next gathering!


No comments:

Post a Comment