Total Pageviews

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Mushroom Barley Risotto


Tonight we had no activities (!) and I was craving something delicious (as usual).   I always try and meal plan either in the car on my way home from work, or if I am really good, I will at least decide on a "maybe" plan the day before and let the idea percolate in my head..."maybe we'll have salmon..."

The menu was simple, but not boring-simple.  Got home, did a quick check to see what I
Super easy and super delicious! 
had....barley...mushrooms, salmon, green beans.....all the makings of an easy and delicious dinner!

1.  Barley...rinse and put to boil.   Takes about 30 - 40 minutes, but do this first, and then you can work on everything else
2.  Chop up the 'shrooms, and sautee them in olive oil and a bit of sea salt and pepper. Can add a bit of white wine if you have some!
3.  Prep the salmon...easy...place on parchment, drizzle syrup and slice up a lemon to put on top.  Cover with foil and bake it up!
4.  Wash the green beans and steam or microwave them up.

By now, the salmon is almost done, and the barley is cooked (just about).  Once the barley is al dente, drain and add to your sauteed mushrooms....you will be amazed at how easy it is compared to real risotto (which I also love, but it is time consuming with all that mixing!).

And.....now, its time to eat!   All done in less than an hour.

Salmon, green beans and mushroom barley risotto

No comments:

Post a Comment