Total Pageviews

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

I know it is processed, but I need a BREAK!

Ok...so it is October.  We are almost 2 months into school, and I am already at the point where school lunches are giving me ulcers and acne.  Seriously!  My kids will prepare their own lunches sometimes, but there are days where there just isn't time.  Between a busy hockey and ringette schedule and the fact that the kids are getting later ice times and more homework due to their age, it just seems busy beyond belief.  

Today, I treated myself...no, not to a mani-pedi, not to a day at the spa...but to some convenient, semi healthy choices from Costco.  I truly believe that all foods can fit...everything from home-made to processed....it's really just how they fit into your life that makes the difference.  Of course it is better to prepare things from scratch, but at the same time, it can be emotionally healthier to give yourself a break and go with food that is easy and prepared.  And to NOT feel guilty about it!  So, today I bought 1 package of beef sausage rolls, and package of mini soft chicken taco's.  When I was loading up my cart with the lunch items, as well as a Costco fresh-made lasagne for dinner tonite, I did feel slightly guilty, and even ashamed of my cart, which is utterly ridiculous!  I even tried to justify my choices to the cashier to try and find some sort of affirmation! Ridiculous!  Don't worry....I got over that by the time I got to my car.

The end result today was a delicious, easy dinner (with leftovers), and no-think lunches that I know the kids will eat.  Kids were happy, hubby was happy....and all the guilt was gone.  I even had time to make the garlic bread!

No comments:

Post a Comment