Total Pageviews

Tuesday, September 24, 2013

New Mommy

Clearly, I am pregnant
here, just days before
becoming a new mommy!
June 2000
So there have been three times in my life where someone has asked me if I was pregnant, and I was NOT.  I remember each experience vividly, right down to what I was wearing and what I was doing.  The first time, we were at a family gathering on my hubby's side, and someone-who-shall-not-be-named innocently said that they did not I was expecting again.  Now...on this occasion, I was wearing a very long and baggy sweater (i.e., had no fashion sense), and I was a bit....shall we say....larger than I am now.   The second time it was again on my hubby's side of the family and another "someone-who-shall-not-be-named" asked me when I was due.  We were at a Christmas gathering AND I was drinking a goblet of wine.  I know, right?   I responded that I was not pregnant, and the person then had the gall to ask me if I was serious (twice!)  SERIOUSLY?  (A) I was clearly drinking wine, and (B) Don't ask that question unless you are 1000000% sure!

Today....it happened again!   This time, at work, and the hardest part is that I have been working out at bootcamp, eating okay, and I think I look okay (despite the fact that I am still carrying a bit of summer weight).

.....but perhaps it was the style of shirt I was wearing.  They just looked at me in a friendly way and asked if I was going to be a "new mommy".  I politely responded that I was already a mommy and that I was indeed not preg-o.

Oh well.   Had to vent that out.  Now if you will excuse me, I have an odd craving for pickles and ice cream.  And no...I am not pregnant!


No comments:

Post a Comment