Total Pageviews

Monday, September 23, 2013

My day as a taxi driver (and chef, but not the maid....)

So not all these things were neglected...I exercised and walked the dog...


Today was a day "off" for me.   Off.   But not really.  here is how it went:

  • 5:30 am: alarm went off for bootcamp. 
  • 7:35 am: left the house, dropped off kids, dropped off hubby, went to my eye appointment 
  • 10:30 am: home again; round up the puppy for her grooming appointment
  • 12:00 noon: home again, but now the grooming place called...."your dog is ready to be picked up" Back to PetSmart!
  • 1:00 pm: home again and played with my puppy.  
  • 1:30 pm: off to pick up my daughter early from school...orthodontist consultation. She needs a jaw appliance and braces.....8K later......
  • 3:30 pm: home again.  Son is home from school. Time for after school snacks, practice piano, make a quick dinner, as we have to leave for piano, take buddy to hockey evaluations, and are not home for good til 8:30 pm
  • 4:45 pm: dinner is in the works...chicken and pasta with a sundried tomato sauce from Lina's Italian Market, served with  sauteed mushrooms on the side.  Eat if your hungry...if not, eat at 8:30 when we get home.
  • 5:25 pm: load up the hockey gear, everyone get in the f#$%in' car! We have to leave for piano (which starts at 5:30 pm...good thing it is only 5 minutes away)
  • 5:30 pm: piano drop off;  5:45 pm: rink drop off for my son and his friend
  • 6:15 pm: pick up daughter from piano, head home for a 5 minute pasta dinner and to pick up hubby from home....then it's off to the rink
  • 6:55 pm: We have arrived at the rink. It is FREEZING. And we still have 45 minutes to go (yes, we were a bit late).
  • 8:30 pm: DONE.....walk dog.....kids have a snack and a shower. Brush your teeth!!!  
  • 9:30 pm:  I see that there is a bottle of wine open and half full from the weekend....Goodnight kids!
  • 10:00 pm....everyone is asleep...and I have my wee-bit of wine, and am sitting here, in total silence......ahhhhhhhhhhhh............
All in all, I probably drove over 100 km today, but got a lot of necessary stuff done and made a delicious dinner.  It was a good day, except for the part where my eye doctor said I'd need bifocals fairly soon....   WHAT??????


No comments:

Post a Comment