Total Pageviews

Monday, April 22, 2013

Salmon with Curry Linguine

How delicious does this look????   

My kids LOVED this today!   A real hit for a Monday!
Lately, I have really been trying to make meals with what I have at home and  not run to the grocery store every day....which means I have to plan ahead and be creative.  Note:  I do most of my meal planning in the car....either after I drop the kids off at school or on my way home from work.  This weekend was great from a buying-food-for-the-week perspective, as I went to the Crossroads Farmer's Market on Friday and stocked up on a few essentials (including our favourite Saskatoon Berry Pie!) and also went to Lina's Italian Market and stocked up on fresh pasta and and sauce, which make easy freezer-to-table meals in a short amount of time.   Today I decided to cook up a whole salmon fillet from Costco, and have it with the Lina's pasta and their curry cream sauce.  Throw some veggies on the side....and it's the perfect dinner.  

Here's what I did:
  • Called my son at 3:30 and instructed him to take the salmon, the pasta and the sauce out of the freezer.  He was happy to comply, and found everything where I said it would be
  • Home at 5:45....daughter was in the middle of  piano lessons so I quietly prepared the salmon
  • Oven on....400 convection....
  • Placed the salmon on a parchment lined cookie sheet and drizzled on some maple syrup and topped with minced garlic and  fresh lemon slices.  Covered it up with foil, and baked until about 6:45 or so.  It was still partially frozen when I put it in...so if your salmon is thawed or fresh, it will take a shorter time.
  • Salmon in the oven..time to walk the dog!  And it was even sunny!  
  • Back at 6:25....put the water to boil for the pasta....prepared the  peas and broccoli...microwaved the peas and poured some boiling water over the broccoli to slightly soften
  • Boiled the pasta, added the sauce....set the table.....and dinner was ready!  Yes, it was a bit later, but everyone loved it!  The kids took seconds (and thirds!).  My son even was shocked at how much he loved the salmon!!!!   
I'd say this meal was a success....pasta, fish and veggies....simple, delicious, and best of all, there was enough leftovers for a few lunches!   



No comments:

Post a Comment