Total Pageviews

Thursday, April 11, 2013

Delicious Morning Oatmeal

As you know, I love food (no, really, I do), and a lot of the time, I like to know what everyone is eating.  A co-worker of mine has her breakfast at work, and it always smells so delicious, and looks so hearty, and pure and good....I had to ask her about it, and then had to make it. It is easy, versatile, and has everything you need in a breakfast...hearty grain to get the brain moving, protein and calcium and some berries to boot!

All you do....is make a bowl of oatmeal..any oatmeal!  I used what I had...which was Bob's Red Mill 5 grain rolled hot cereal.  I nuked it for 5 minutes with a bit of milk (hence more calcium!).  Note...when nuking oatmeal....ensure you have a deep enough bowl (had a bit of a boil-over mishap!).  Once the oatmeal is done, throw on some vanilla yogurt (or plain...but I like the vanilla) and then top with frozen blueberries.  What a great way to kick start your day!

Hearty...yummy...pure...just right for the morning!



No comments:

Post a Comment