Total Pageviews

Monday, February 4, 2013

Steak Salad Supreme

We barbecued steak on the weekend, and as luck would have it, there were enough leftovers to make a jazzy salad. I am not typically a "salad" person unless it is a really interesting salad.  I don't go for iceberg lettuce and cucumber salad.  I need some substance and depth to my salad.   One of my favourite things to do is to use our leftover meat, whatever it may be, and throw it on top of interesting and flavourful greens.   Add in some pecans, craisins and a few crumbled slices of fresh aged parmesan cheese and it's like your meal has been prepared by a famous chef.  Drizzle with yummy balamic reduction and...well, let's just that I'm glad I had some alone time with my salad today.


Arugula Steak Salad
Balsamic Reduction
from a friend of mine!


Here's what I did:

  • Sliced up the leftover steak and heated it up (not too much)
  • Washed some arugula (yum!)
  • Added some fresh mango and strawberry slices
  • Added some raw pecans, craisins and crumbled aged parmesan
  • Drizzled the balsamic reduction
 It was quick, easy, delicious and nutritious!  Let's here it for Steak Salad!




No comments:

Post a Comment