Total Pageviews

Thursday, January 23, 2014

Pizza with Style

The theme of my week was pizza....but not just any pizza...and definitely not take out or delivery.  I had flatbread thin crust pizza at two trendy restaurants in Calgary.  I was first thinking...what a delicious week!  Two fabulous pizza places in three days!  Then I thought....what would my answer be if someone asked me "which do you prefer...Posto or Without Papers?"  Hmmmmmmm...lets take a closer look.

Tuesday night, some we went to Posto, which is featured as a Pizzeria and Wine Bar
Fig and gorgonzola at Posto
Their pizza was scrumptious and they had about 10 different kinds, including a spinach and chanterelle mushroom with a yummy fancy cheese, chicken and almond pesto with goat cheese and a fig and gorgonzola with radichio.  The ingredients were fresh, it was a trendy atmosphere, and we shared a yummy salad filled with caper berries, romaine, pancetta...need I say more?  

Today, I went to one of my favourite pizza places in Inglewood with a good friend (who was also at Posto) and her adorable daughter.  We both love this place as well, and again, the pizza is simply wonderful...thin crust with mouth watering flavours. Our favourite pizza there, hands down is the Shroom....mushrooms (imported of course), truffle cream, arugula.....so goooood....   Many places I have been to have tried this same pizza, and while they were good, none compare to this one.  They also have a buffalo mozzarella appetizer that is to die for.   

So what's the verdict? Both offer a trendy atmosphere, reservations, and good wine.  Both have amazing food and in both places you can share (or not!). And both offer a selection of meats and cheeses (formaggi e salumi).   I found Posto to have a bit more variety on their menu including pan seared scallops and ham hock, green apple and pistachio,  Oh my.  But...then there is the shroom...which for me, trumps everything.

I cannot choose!  Both are amazing!  But....if I did HAVE to choose....it could be Without Papers as they have that Shroom that I adore.  On the other hand, those seared scallops were amazing....ah...back where I started.     

The solution is simple.  Visit both in the same week, and just sit back and enjoy (both).



No comments:

Post a Comment