Total Pageviews

Monday, January 13, 2014

Healthy New Year!

So it's January once again.  Clean slate.  Fresh start.  Detox.  Holiday weight.  Ugh.

We were away this year down in Florida, and as usual, I gained my typical 4 lb (or so).  I wanted to weigh myself as soon as I got home, but my husband put a stop to it, and told me that our bathroom scale is only good for one thing....weighing our luggage before a trip.  Well, I have to agree, but today I did it.  I stepped on that frickin' scale.  I am not sure why I was surprised, as it was exactly where I thought that vile number would be.  The good news is that I have probably lost a little of my holiday weight by doing simple things (i.e., not consuming alcohol every day, resuming my 6 am bootie camp, not having dessert on a daily basis, etc..).  But the problem is, there always seems to be a.....Cling-on (no, not Klingon) that won't go away.  Every time I gain, there is a little bit that clings.  Even looking at the definition, it seems icky....attach oneself to, hang on to....

So...what's the answer?  I can't just lose some of the holiday weight...I have to lose all of it (and then some???) or all those Cling-on's will add up!  I have to try and get back to my best weight for me (and also come to terms with the fact that my best weight post 2 kids at age 44 is NOT 130 lb).   I wish it could be, but it just can't.  I would love 155, but may have to be okay with with 160-ish.  The reason I say that is I know that in the past few years, I was able to get down to 161, and felt great, but it was very difficult to maintain there.  I ended up consistently around 165 and have more or less been able to maintain this weight.

Then I think...all these numbers.....arg!   Just ditch the numbers, eat healthy, be healthy, mind, body and soul!  I work out 2 times per week at my bootcamp (which I have stuck with for over a year!), I eat healthy (mostly), drink moderately (sometimes), and do not eat fast food (that's the honest truth!).  Shouldn't that be enough?  I do have temptations though...cheese, cheese and cheese (and the occasional piece of cheese).  So....I guess there's that (and wine, and appies with friends, etc...).

Or the answer lies somewhere in between.  Weighing myself could be deflating, as we know that it is more than just the number on the scale, but weighing can also keep me on track, and make me accountable.

So here it is...the truth.

Today, January 13, 2014 my buck-naked morning weight was 169 lb.  My plan....eat healthy, make good choices most of the time, watch my portion sizes (my least favourite thing to do), exercise in a way I enjoy, and to above all else, to be good to me, and to love my body no matter what (not as easy as it sounds).

That is my pledge.  I will weigh in and report (from time to time).




No comments:

Post a Comment