Total Pageviews

Sunday, May 4, 2014

The Brown Goddess Can Run!

 So today was THE day!   May 4 (yes, its really May and it really looks like this outside...)   The Firefighters fun run / walk!   Wooo Hooo!    I had signed up months ago to do this, and signed up for the 9.11 km run.   Today was the day.  And I did it! And I wasn't dreading it (too much).  I have never enjoyed running, and today...I was going to prove to myself that the Brown Goddess CAN run.....

Some pre-run pics.....

Everyone say.....Its FREEEZING!!!!!!!!!!



Okay...everyone ready???   Ooooh look!  A firefighter....
lets show him our best side....
Half way with the Handsome Hunk

 Then it was ON.   The sound of the siren...and all the 9.11'ers were off!  Had to focus on my breathing, and just go at my own pace.    Crap...where is that half way mark?  *Fast forward 38 minutes* Ahhhhh...here he is.......I could not resist taking a picture!   I downed my water, and said "You are too cute and gorgeous to not take a picture of...can we take pic together?"  He must have thought I was nuts...but not in a dangerous way, so gracefully agreed and told me I was the first one who asked him that....seriously?   I am almost dead last and nobody asked him?   Their loss.......

One more, and I guess I better get back....
38 minutes and counting

Okay.....I've made it this far.....I can do it.   Of course I can......and what is with this snow???    All I could think about was getting back, and seeing my family and my bootcamp friends......6 km.....7 km, 8.....9....can't stop now!!!  Keep running Sherene!  Then, I see the bridge, and see the start/finish line....I hear them cheering!    

I think the best moment for me was when I saw my Body N' Sole buddies....  They saw me, and ran towards me cheering...Dammit!  Don't make me cry (too late!).   And they ran across the finish line with me! Then I saw my hubby, kids and puppy....and it was absolutely amazing!   My running time was 1 hr and 17 minutes (and 47 seconds), and I ran just about 85 - 90 % of the way, stopping for water breaks, the half-way-hunk-break and a few walking breaks....but....I did it!   The Brown Goddess Ran 9.11 km!   

Me...running across the finish line......Wooo Hooo!



Check us OUT!!!!!


Thank you to my husband and kids for being there for me today and everyday...and thank you Laurie (and Cheryl!) for just about the last 2 years of bootcamp....I never would have been able to do this with you!   And of course, just in case you are wondering, as I crossed the finish line, I was carried by two firefighters.....picture to follow!  
Yeah Baby!!!!  


No comments:

Post a Comment