Total Pageviews

Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Its all in your head.....running that is....

So, I am sure everyone is waiting to hear how my training is going for the Firefighter's Fun Run / Walk....

Here is a quick update.

I have been out running three times since my Fire! Fire! post.

Run # 1:  I ran just over 3 km, and ran most of it, but walked for a minute after the first 7 minutes of running, and then another minute of walking after that horrid hill on the way back

Run # 2:  I ran about 4.4 km and I will have you know that I RAN the first 2.2 km WITHOUT stopping!  And then ran most of the way back, just had to walk after that horrid hill (hate the horrid hill!).

Run # 3:  This was today.  I ran.....wait for it......6....SIX!!!!!  S-I-X!!!!!!!  6 kilometres today...and with my dog (though she ran ahead with my bootcamp buddy for a bit).  I ran the entire first half without stopping!  And then, of course, walked for my minute, and walked for another minute after the horrid hill!

No pictures today...shoulda thought of that!  But...had to share as I was so proud that I did this!!!!

And it is totally true what people say...it is a complete head game for the first 10 minutes.  I honestly feel like crying in those first 10 minutes and want to give up..then....something happens....and I just keep going.

Look out Fire-dudes....I'm gonna be so ready for May 4!!!!!  Wooo-Hoooo!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment