Total Pageviews

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Sole Food

I made an amazing, delicious, simple, quick dinner tonight!   I had bought sole at the grocery store, and tossed it in my freezer last week.   On the menu tonite was pasta with a garlic cream sauce...light on the cream, as I only had less than 1/4 cup of whipping cream, spinach cakes (yes, spinach cakes, which were delicious) and pesto crusted sole.  

1.  Spinach cakes were easy, and I got the recipe from a friend of mine.  All you do is chop up 12 oz of fresh spinach (i used two 6 oz bags of baby spinach).  Chop it up in batches in a food processor, and add  1/2 cup of ricotta cheese, 1/2 cup of parmesan cheese, 2 eggs, a minced garlic cloves and salt and pepper.  Mix the chopped spinach together with all the other goods, and then plunk it into muffin tins (greased) and bake at 400 for 20 minutes.  I added a bit of extra cheese, and 1 extra egg, as it seemed a bit dry, but it was DELICIOUS!
Easy Sole with pesto and bread crumbs

2.  Fish....EASY!  I spread some pesto on top of each piece (pesto from Costco!) and then sprinkled Panko bread crumbs on top and put one slice of lemon on each piece just to make it look pretty.

Doesn't this look amazing?  Sole, spinach cakes and pasta!


The end result?

This is my daughter's plate!  
And she had seconds of the fish!


No comments:

Post a Comment