Total Pageviews

Friday, August 31, 2012

Fresh Clean Slate



Another summer is almost over, and every year at this time I find myself saying the same thing...."where did the time go?"  I can't believe that in 4 more sleeps, we start school.  This means kids taking the bus (if they get up in time to catch it!), making their lunch (if they make AND take it), homework (ugh), earlier bedtime (hurrah!), hockey, ringette....and so it goes.

I loved our summer adventures this year (camping, BC wine country, Mara Lake), and while I could be in vacation-mode forever, it's just not realistic (though wouldn't it be nice?).    I try and give myself a good two weeks post-vacation so I can get over my PVD (post-vacation depression) and come back to the reality of cooking supper and not having happy hour and appetizers on a daily (and sometimes hourly!) basis!    While its sad that summer is over, there is something awesome about September.  The crispness of the fall, the changing colours on the trees, and the feeling that you can start the school year with a fresh clean slate and for everyone to get back to a routine.

The fresh clean slate is the appealing part for me.  September is just as powerful to me as those January New Years resolutions.  Time to start things over... refresh, renew, redo.  This year is the year to give our kids more responsibility.  They can come home on their own now on days that I work (maybe not get supper ready unless its pancakes, but hey, I'll eat pancakes!).  They can take more responsibility for getting up in the mornings without me nagging them...not sure how to accomplish that one yet, but I am sure I can come up with some sort of plan.  And as always, its time to lose that excess weight that I put on from the wining and dining we did during our camping trips (which was TOTALLY worth every pound!).


It's really just time to start over, and be inspired to do better not because we have to , but because we want to.  So....with that said, lets raise our glass (it's still August...happy hour isn't over yet!) and say cheers to a great summer, and here's to a great fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment