Total Pageviews

Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Cheese Glorious Cheese.....




I heard something wonderful today!  As it is Wednesday, I had my 6 am bootcamp (which I now almost look forward to...).  One of the gals today told me that "cheese is the new kale".   My heart almost stopped.  Cheese?  The new kale?  What could be better news than that?  Don't get me wrong...I love kale....whether it is in the form of chip, or baby kale in salad....de-lish...but I LOVE cheese!   Just looking at this picture gives me goosebumps!

Here are just a few of the nutritional benefits of cheese (and yes, kale is also healthy, but we are talking about CHEESE!)


  • Great source of calcium and protein.   Calcium is needed for bones and teeth, but also for much more within the body.    Calcium also plays a role in keeping our heart, muscles and nervous system healthy.  
  • Helps prevent cavities!  Cheese is high in calcium AND low in lactose (the natural sugars found in milk).  The more aged the cheese, the lower the lactose content.  Eating cheese after a meal or as a snack can help prevent tooth decay! (Cheese for dessert!  YUM!)
  • Cheese is a great source of riboflavin and B12 for energy production, and also contains zinc and vitamin A to help our immune system.
So lets hear it for cheese!   Hurray!

No comments:

Post a Comment